It is micropigmentation also known as cosmetic tattooing. It is the art & science of putting color pigment into the dermis of the skin using specialized instruments. We will ensure this service is designed especially for you based on your features, hair and eye color as well as skin tone.
- You can wake up looking fresh with natural make up
- Creates a uniform look from day to day
- Looks fresh as if it has just been applied
- Provides additional time for morning routine
- Will not change after shower, swimming, exercise or other activities that create sweat.
- Stays consistent even if you have changes to your eyebrows, eyes and lips due to aging
- Flexibility to change color tone if your natural color changes in the future
- Beneficial to those with difficulty apply make up or don’t like smearing
- Perfect for sensitive skin or allergies
- Great if you wear glasses, contacts, had Lasik eye surgery or have other visual impairments
- Create confidence – if you experience hair loss from alopecia, chemotherapy, accidents, burns or cosmetic surgery
We use topical anesthetics before and during the procedure to make you as comfortable as possible. Some people say they feel a tingling feeling or mild discomfort but please remember that everyone has a different level of pain tolerance. Other factors to consider are your stress level, caffeine or tobacco intake or menstrual cycle as these can affect your pain tolerance during the procedure.
Different factors will play a role in the lifetime of your implanted pigment. This will include the area of the skin the pigment was implanted, sun exposure, and your type of skin.
Other treatments such as micro dermabrasion, peels and laser can also affect the lasting effects of your tattoo. Since the pigment used is different from regular tattooing the body will absorb the pigment and a color boost will be required every 1-3 years to reflect a natural look.
Appointments last 1-2 hours depending on the procedure booked and the area being worked on.
Overall there is no down time to this procedure. Everyone will have a different reaction. There will be some redness that should subside in 1-2 hours after the treatment. There can be slight swelling with an Eyeliner procedure but placing a cool compress on the area usually reduces the swelling. During the healing process the skin will flake off and may crust slightly. This is completely normal and will be gone in 5-10 days. Complete healing will take 4-6 weeks and then you can re-book for your touch up.
At the start of the appointment you will fill out a comprehensive Health Questionnaire and we will discuss any concerns you might have then. We will then map out the shape you are looking for and discuss color to ensure desirable results. If required, we will do a patch test to make sure there is no allergic reaction to the products being used.
OR CALL: 403-829-6324